Daggan – <Eric Flint – SotS> A star system in PRH, where Admiral Chin's force including a SS SD defeated a SKM battlecrusier.
Damien – <SoF> A gas giant in the Meyers System. There are 200,000 people living on its moons. There are gas mining operations underway in Damien's atmosphere.
Damocles (Manticore B IV) – < JRMN, HoS> The fourth planet orbiting Manticore B, O – 6,2 [See 1)]; G – 1,19. Damocles has no moons.
Danak – <EoH> A star system in PRH, StC – G8; HL – 18,48; 45 LY from Cerberus. The Danak System was settled 400 T-Years ago and since 200 T-Years boasts heavy industrial presence. The current population in the system approaches 4 billion.
Danak Alpha – <EoH> A setteld planet in the Danak System, local sector SS headquarters. The planet is sufficiently far out from the primary that its climate is on the cool side, with frequent rainfall and "various objectionable atmospheric compounds from volcanic outgassing."
Danak Beta – <EoH> A setteld planet in the Danak System altough it's only “technically” habitable.
Danville – <EoH> The settled planet in the Paroa System in PRH, homeworld of Warner Caslet.
Darius – <ToF, MoH, ART, SoF> A star system, StC – F6; HL – 23,76. One of Felix Wormhole Junction Termini leads there. The only habitable planet in the system is Gamma. Darius was discovered by the Mesan Alignment when it was exploring the Felix junction around 1721 P.D. [See 2)]. The system's existence has been kept secret since its discovery. Since 1850 P.D. [See 3)] Darius underwent a period of rapid expansion, becoming the building and holding place for MAN fleet. The total system population is approaching 3.9 billion, of which just under 2 billion are representatives of alpha, beta and gamma genome lines, and the remaining are genetic slaves. Darius is one of the few systems in which Mesan constitutional provisions defending genetic slaves are strictly upheld. This allows for a highly skilled labor force which is enjoying a far better standard of living than their counterparts elswhere. Their education, especially regarding the history of Mesa and happenings around the galaxy is strictly controlled.
Darwin’s Joke – <HAE> A garden planet with surplus food for export.
Debrecen – <CoG> The habitable planet in the Balcescu System, O ~ 12,5 [See 4)]. Debrecen was settled by ethnic Hungarians. In orbit around it there is Balcescu Station.
Delight – <David Darke – MTH> A planet.
Delta Belt – <SoF> The asteroid belt in the Mobius System.
Delta Draconis – <ToF>The official name of star system in the same constellation as Sigma Draconis. The name actually in use is Aldib.
Delvecchio – <SoF> A star system, the crown jewel of Star Enterprises Initiatives Unlimited, a SL transtellar based in Lucastra, client systems.
Denver – <MoH> A star system in SL, its ruling families are Mesan Alignment members, which in turn makes the local SDF an adjunct of MAN. Poised by the Alignment to be a one of the founding members of the Renaissance Factor.
Des Moines – <AAC> A star system in RoH, its total infrastructure was destroyed during Cutworm II by forces under Vice Admiral Samuel Miklós.
Despartia – <John Ringo – SotS> A planet.
Dionigi – <ART> A star system. One of the termini of the Katharina Wormhole Junction leads there. Dionigi is 730 LY from Katharina and 96 LY from Manticore.
Dockhorn – <CoG> A star system 500 LY from Manticore.
Doreas – <FiE> A star system with a SKM base.
Double Diamond – <Timothy Zahn – IFF> One of the asteroid belts in Irrlicht, called that way because there are two relatively small, dense areas in it, with the rest being much more open and empty.
Draco (Manticore A V) – < JRMN > A gas giant, the fifth planet orbiting Manticore A, O – 40,6 [See 5)]. Draco has seven moons.
Dresden – <SoSag, SftS, MoH, SoF, HoS> 1) A star system in TC, TQ / SEM member. 2) The settled planet in the Dresden System, ruinously poor even for V planet. The vast majority of Dresden's citizens are ill-educated, little more than unskilled labor. The system economy is on a steady rise thanks to an agressive policy of encouraging enterpreneurship and sizing any available opportunity.
Durandel – <ART> A star system in AE. One of the termini of the Asgerd Wormhole Junction leads there.
1) The table listing the planets of Manticore B in JRMN puts Damocles' orbit at 6,35 LM, but the Manticore B system map in HoS gives 6,2 LM. I'm going with the one from HoS, as it's the newest and most canon material on Manticore B's astrography.
2) ToF Chapter 50 takes place in September 1921 P.D. It is this chapter that gives the information that Darius was discovered "around 200 T-Years ago" making the approximate year of the discovery 1721 P.D.
3) ToF Chapter 50 takes place in September 1921 P.D. It is this chapter that gives the information that Darius underwent its industrial boom "over the last 70 T-Years" making the approximate starting year of the build-up 1850 P.D.
4) In CoG Chapter 42, when the Hali Sowle arrives in Balcescu, it makes the transition from hyper "just over" 23,5 LM from the primary and is "just over" 11 LM from Debrecen. If we assume that it made transition on a least time course, then Debrecen's O ≈ 23,5 - 11 ≈ 12,5.
5) The table listing the planets of Manticore A in JRMN puts Draco's orbit at 40,92 LM, but the Manticore A system map in HoS gives 40,6 LM. I'm going with the one from HoS, as it's the newest and most canon material on Manticore A's astrography.